- Published on 18 January 2013
KIF Atletik – Copenhagen’s Track and Field Club is Denmark longest existing track and field club and was founded in 1892. The club has a history of being one of Denmark’s leading clubs for athletics, even having club members competing and taking medals at the Olympic Games. For information about KIF´s history click here.
The club trains at the newly renovated Østerbro Stadium, centrally located in Copenhagen. The Østerbro Stadium is easily accessible with public transport and there is parking in front of the stadium. As a member of KIF Athletic, this gives you access to the Stadium and KIF´s weight training facilities at the Østerbro Stadium. The training for seniors is daily from 17.00. The training is open for all levels.
If you have interest in joining us for training or for being able to compete in track and field events in Denmark, then we offer training by professional coaches in all of the major track and field disciplines:
- Sprints: 100m, 110m hurdle, 200m, 400m, 400m hurdle, 4x100m and 4x400m relay. Click here.
- Middle and long-distance: 800m, 1.500m, 3000m steeplechase, 5k, 10k and marathon. Click here.
- Jump: Long jump, high jump, triple jump and pole vault. Click here.
- Throwing: Javelin, shot put, discus and hammer. Click here.